** New Pics Added Along With Range Trip Report **
After receiving the "Brand New" Steyr Arms AUG A3 today and with my many years of AUG experience closely examining it part by part, inside & out, I know you guys will not be disappointed!!
Range test on 1/31/09
Clear sunny day, high of 55 low humidity
- Maine Cartridge Company, Inc.
- 62 Gr. M855/SS109 Military M5 Ammo
- 10 Austrian made 30 rnd mags
- Brand New US made AUG A3 with US made barrel: fired 300 rnds with no malfunctions
- A3 With 16" Austrian Steyr AUG barrel: fired 50 rnds with no malfunctions
- A3 With 20" Austrian Steyr AUG barrel: fired 50 rnds with no malfunctions
- A3 With 20" Austrian Steyr USR barrel: fired 50 rnds with no malfunctions
- A3 With 24" Austrian Steyr AUG heavy barrel: fired 50 rnds with no malfunctions
- Gas setting was set on "standard"
As should always be done, only cleaning prior was running swab through barrel
I did put 1 drop of EEZOX Synthetic Oil on the bolt plunger (control bolt) & 2 drops in each recoil rod
As I do with all my AUGs before firing I use EEZOX Oil on the bolt, bolt sleeve, bolt spring, firing pin & lock, gas piston & chrome carrier rods. I lightly coat them. Steyr claims its not necessary but I have noticed less wear and easier to clean after firing.
I was really impressed that out of the 500 rounds I had 0 malfunctions especially on a brand new gun. The action was very smooth. Recoil seems to be the same as the preban AUGs. The ejection was strong and varied from the 3 o'clock position to 5 o'clock. The last rnd bolt hold open worked flawless. Only being 100 feet away from the target I can't give you guys an accuracy report. It was dead on target at 100 feet.
To sum things up, Steyr Arms & Sabre Defense did an excellent+ job on the receiver, barrel & the other required U.S. made AUG A3 parts along with assembling it. If it wasn't stamped Sabre Defense I would swear it was made by Steyr in Austria.
As shown in the new pics I posted below, all factory Steyr AUG barrels fit and function in the new U.S. made A3 AUG. All internal parts including complete bolt carriers and individual parts carrier parts, bolts, firing pins, cocking piece, gas plugs, pistons & springs will fit and function in the U.S. made AUG A3.
Though not range tested, the factory AUG 9mm conversion kit fit in the new AUG
Range Report Update 4/8/09
To date, over 4500 rounds of various ammo has been fired through our Steyr AUG A3 with no FTF, FTE or any other malfunctions
Newest Pics below, Just Click On Link
1st batch of Pics
Click On links Below For AUG A3 Pics